Chocolates process a heavenly attraction and one can’t ignore them especially if it’s in front of you. But what if you are on a low calories diet for a weight loss program? Not eating chocolates can be the toughest task and a true chocolate lover can only imagine the pain and discomfort for leaving the chocolates at all. Do you know that chocolates are not at all part of unhealthy eating in fact chocolates process many benefits and leaving them altogether will also stop you taking some superb benefits out of them? Then why many diet experts’ stops you consuming chocolates for losing weight? The main reason is the quantity. Thus the main question under lying is how much quantity of chocolates is good to eat if you are willing to continue a healthy weight loss program and the other main issue is what type of chocolates should one eat in order to lose weight? As there is a huge variety of chocolates available in the market like Sinkers, Mars, Hershey’s, kisses, Cadbury Hampers in UK and all over the world. There are so many brands other than these too and there is a huge kind of chocolates too like milk, dark, white etc.
For losing weight one much shows consistency in the consumption of chocolates. And only choose those who have a higher content of cocoa in it. The best one is the dark chocolates or the one having 60percent or more cocoa in them. But the main thing to look into is the quantity of the chocolates. Eating chocolate consistently does no means eating it in a big quantity. If you choose to eat the one having 70 percent cocoa then you can consume one ounce a day according to Dr. Will Clower, the author of “Eat Chocolate, Lose Weight,” If it’s 50 percent cocoa, you should limit it to 1/4-ounce each day. Always opt for solid dark chocolate. The only exception to this rule is when the things added to the chocolate are real foods, like hazelnuts, cherries, orange rind, etc.
The over consumption of food is the main reason of gaining weight. Nothing is bad for the health until and unless you consume it in right portion. The main issue is that when people love something, there is a higher tendency in them to over consume it. And this overconsumption effect negatively on persons health. There is nothing bad even the red wine, until and unless you consume it in huge quantity. The best approach is that if you love something to eat then eat it in such a moderate manner that you will be able to consume it whenever you like. So now take the case of chocolate. It’s better to take small , slow bites so that you can enjoy it fully and it lead to eating less while enjoying the full taste. Take big bites and overconsumption just have a superficial feeling that you have eating it full while the fact is the taste you enjoy is the same as eating less with small bites.
Now the point is how chocolates are good for healthy living and why one can eat it even on low calorie diet? One should only consume dark chocolate and one ounce of dark chocolate contains 160 calories, which is equals to two boiled eggs. Just count them in your total calorie intake and modify your diet for the whole day accordingly. The benefits provided by dark chocolates are listed below:
- They contain flavonoids which help the body to fight against damage to the cells and it has very beneficial effect on cardiovascular system.
- It has antioxidant which helps to make blood thinner thus helps to reduce the risk of many kinds of cancers and heart diseases.
- It also reduces the effect of PMS (premenstrual syndrome). That’s why it is recommended to eat chocolates few days before your menstruation cycle.
- It affects your mood positively as it raises serotonin levels in brain which has a calming and relaxing effect on the body. It also encourages your brain to release endorphins which is also called the happy hormone!
- Dark chocolate also increases the good cholesterol which is HDL and lowers the bad cholesterol which is LDL and prevents a condition known as arteriosclerosis which is caused due to deposition of cholesterol in the blood vessels leading to high blood pressure and related heart problems.
- It has many essential minerals which are important for the normal functioning and metabolism of the body such as iron, manganese, copper, magnesium, zinc and selenium. The deficiency of these minerals can lead to diseases and thus dark chocolate helps to meet the daily requirements of these essential minerals.
Thus to take maximum benefits out of chocolates just focus on the quantity. And remember eat to live no live to eat!