Sweets make the ideal gift. Almost everyone loves them, and even if you are not a die-hard saccharine addict, a sweet something will definitely find its way onto your plate every now and then. You can make a hamper full of tasty treats for all special occasions like Christmas or birthdays, or for a happy-to-see-you-again meeting with long-lost friends and family members.
Now, if you are running out of time, you can always book a hamper online. There are many gift portals online for sweet hampers in UK. And if you do a little searching, you may even find sites that deliver gifts in adherence to special dietary and religious restrictions. But, if you have the time and some creative flair, you can choose to make a hamper at home. Here are some quick DIY tips that will help you do exactly that:
1. To begin with, you need to choose all the goodies that are going to go in your basket. Ensure that your gifts are to the liking of the recipient and that they do not have a short expiry date. You can include different types of candies, chocolates, jams, jellies, cakes and cookies in your basket. Mix it up, or keep just two or three types of sweets from brands that you know the recipient likes. Or you can pick a single type (say cookies) and fill the basket with different variations.
2. Choose a basket to pack all your goodies in. First, make sure the basket is in keeping with the size of the gifts. If you want to add some other gifts in it like teddy bears for a child or a bottle of vintage wine for your sommelier friend, then you need to have enough space for all this, as well. Pick a basket that is shallow and wide as it will allow maximum exposure for your chosen treats. A deep basket will only hide everything and make the package look unappealing.
3. Now, you have to pack everything in the basket while maintaining a symmetrical look and ensuring that any fragile items are well-supported. You can start by placing quilting cotton or tissue paper at the base to provide cushioning.
4. Next, you have to line the base of the hamper. It will also add a festive feel to the whole hamper if you use bright coloured paper and confetti, etc. to the lining. You can easily make shredded paper lining with any colourful scraps you have lying around at home from your craft projects.
5. Start placing the goodies inside the basket now. Place the larger items at the bottom and the smaller ones on top ensuring everything stays put. Then wrap the whole bunch up with clear cellophane paper, cling wrap or gauze and finish with some ornaments, and a hand-written note.
There is no restriction to when and whom you can gift sweets, and this is exactly why a home-made sweet hamper is the best gift to gift anyone. Just add your creativity and expert touch to make the gift even more special.