Christmas is a time of rejoicing and celebration. It is not just the December 25th but well before it and continues long after. The preparation of Christmas begins four weeks earlier; it is called Advent and ends on 6 January, the twelfth day after Christmas day in which Epiphany is remembered. Christmas is no longer a festival for Christians only. All the other religions enjoy Christmas as well. Christmas also marks the beginning of the New Year. The feel of festivity can be seen from a month before Christmas till the first week of January. There is so much preparation of the feast and gifts that market always seems to be overcrowded and people confused.
Gifting is a process that requires a long planning and more so if it is a Christmas gift. They have to look elegant without being a pressure on your finances. It is always a better option to make a gift basket at home rather than buying. Moreover, Christmas hamper delivery in UK and other parts of the world is very easy now. So here are some ideas for your gift basket:
1. Man basket: It is called so because it holds everything you husband, your father or your son loves. You can add a bottle or two of their favorite drink, a pocket knife and few things of their hobby. Nothing would make them happy any more than the knowledge that you thought so much of them.
2. Box of sunshine: This is a really wonderful gift for someone you appreciate but don’t really know. Fill in the basket with lemony aroma and yellowy stuff like lemon drops, lemonade, yellow bears, lemon hand wash, lemon cake mix, etc. Decorate it with yellow cellophane and yellow papers. It will give a warm feeling.
3. Shot basket: Get some shot bottles or pint bottles of their favorite drink or liquor. You can arrange them as a bouquet or a basket. Decorate it with some ribbons and papers. It will make a wonderful gift for your close ones.
4. Just add ice cream: Put a variety of wafer cones and cups combined with chocolate chips, gems and other toppings. Put a tag saying ‘just add ice cream’, wrap and gift. No gift can be sweeter than this.
5. Her basket: Women appreciate some pampering and some time for herself. So, consider gifting her those. You can gift her some vouchers for spa or a basket of bath salts, manicure or pedicure kits, aroma candles or tickets to concerts or programs she love. This will mean a lot to her.
6. Tea or coffee basket: For those whose day doesn’t start without these, you have hit a jackpot. In a basket, put together a mug, flavors of coffee or tea and other accessories related to them. They would never stop thanking you for this.
There are a million of things you can think of for gifting in Christmas as a basket or hamper. It is important to keep in mind that before you decide on what to buy for whom, set your budget for every individual. This will not only help you in deciding what to gift, but also how much to gift.