Instead of gifting the same old roses and chocolates for this Valentine’s Day, why not let the creative juices flow and make a unique gift hamper.
A typical gift hamper is made of a wicker or weave basket, which is lined with shredded paper or straw. It is now filled with treats and goodies, wrapped in cellophane and tied together with a bow and ribbon.
The market is filled with companies offering gift hampers- some pre-arranged and some customized according to your need and taste. Online gift hampers are available in plenty. But nothing can beat a Valentine’s Day hamper for your friend that you have assembled with your own hands and conceptualized in your mind.
- The box: You can make your own gift box, which has some advantages over store bought ones. You are free to choose the size of the box. Theme, design and colour are up to you. You can fill it with as many products and items as you like. No need to wait for a store to deliver the box.
- Customizing the box: Decide on whether you want one single compartment or layers according to various themes. Create a box as you like. Don’t forget the lid. Line the hamper with tissue paper and some more after you have arranged gift items inside. Secure the box with a ribbon. Include a bow and a hand written gift card.
A gift hamper is as easy to make like a gift box. Only difference is that contents are visible before opening in the case of a gift hamper.
- Plan what container you will be using such as tin, wooden crate, tray or wicker basket for the base. Your container can be anything from a fishing tackle box to a vintage hat box. Gift a box that can be reused. Teenage girls will appreciate a makeup kit filled with Valentine’s Day treats. A wife may like a craft box and the husband a tool box.
- Include one star of the party or main gift. For instance, a woman may like a special necklace, a young teenager, an MP3 player or iPod shuffle and the man, a new DVD.
- Go traditional: No need to ignore the traditional items. Valentine’s Day is incomplete without chocolates, so pack some favourite brands. Select some colourful candies like kisses or truffles or go online and buy some personalized M &M’s. Add a mixed collection of chocolates in the hamper.
- To the base, add shredded paper or straw. Line the hamper with these so that the treats and goodies have proper cushioning.
- Include a card. Create a sweet little card with a romantic thought etched on it. You can use a famous quotation or love poem or write your own love poem. Ensure that it is personal and sweet.
- Wrap up the hamper: Wrap the hamper in some coloured cellophane (available at craft stores). Secure the hamper with a ribbon and tie a bow on the top.
You are now ready to create an impression with your gift hamper. If you are not up to it, you can order cheap gift hampers online in UK for the special day.