Gift baskets or gift hampers are personalized gift items meant for friends and family for special occasions. The most attractive feature of gift baskets is that they can be customized to give maximum satisfaction to the recipient.
Many stores and gift shops will give you the option of selecting from pre-made gift hampers. But nothing beats the value of a gift hamper that has been carefully assembled by your own hands. It is gratifying for both the recipient and you.
Begin with the container:
- Choose a container, with or without a handle. Choose colour and design that appeal to you and with sufficient depth to accommodate gift items.
- Some unique choices for containers are buckets, serving bowls, pie dish, ice buckets, pretty pottery and decorative boxes.
- Baskets for children include colourful sand buckets and toys like dump trucks.
- For a baby shower, a baby tub can do well.
Themes for the basket:
- For all recipients, take note of their interests and hobbies.
- For adults, theme of hampers can be tea party, romance, gardening, gourmet, Mother’s day, Easter, Father’s Day, Fruits, Cookies, Valentine’s Day, wedding, kitchen, sports or senior citizens gift hampers.
- Teenagers will like hampers with the theme of a favourite book, band, movie or actor, beauty kits, chocolates, items for sleepovers, art supplies or scrap book items.
- Small girls will like pink themed or Barbie or other doll themes, craft items, Easter baskets, etc.
- Small boys will like sports theme, car, and items related to video games, book series (Harry Potter!) etc.
How to make the hamper:
- Fill the bottom of the hamper with packing peanuts.
- Cover the ‘peanuts’ with shredded paper fillers or tissue paper.
- Tallest items must be kept in the middle, medium sized ones outside and small ones in between. Ensure delicate items are packed specially with tissue to prevent breakage.
- To keep some items in place, tape them together or to the handle of the basket.
- You can add small items like silk flowers, candy, Christmas ornaments etc. to make the hamper more special.
Completing the hamper:
- Purchase cellophane paper from craft stores or dollar stores. Cover the basket with this.
- If making use of a bag, gather the material at the top and tie using a ribbon. Let some plastic fluffed out at the top.
- Add a cute bow and tape the bag to the basket if it is sticking out.
- Include a gift tag before wrapping up the gift hamper.
Some other tips:
- Fruits are not durable and will decay. So, make sure a fruit hamper is delivered at the soonest possible time.
- You can include sweet wording and quotations on the gift card.
- Cellophane is sold in types like festive, print, coloured or clear. Clear is most popular.
- While using bows, make sure they are of the right size. Do not let a small sized hamper be overwhelmed by a huge bow.
These are some tips for making a hamper. After you make this much valuable hamper infused with your thoughtfulness and care, you can send hampers by post UK, to your loved ones wherever they are.