Technological advancements have made it possible to obtain everything ‘readymade’ in shops. However, they do not carry that personal touch. Would it not be better to stretch your creativity to its maximum limit and come up with customised, innovative cheap hampers that are suited for all kinds of occasions?
- Children: The colouring basket for toddlers is meant for young kids, who love to draw and colour pictures. You may obtain an assortment of colouring books and papers, along with a couple of boxes containing crayons or colouring pencils. Place diverse kinds of stickers, non-toxic markers and a pair of safe scissors too. A final addition would be a small paint box with a couple of brushes.
- College Students: A student entering college will love to have some healthy snacks on hand. They may be accompanied by a couple of hand towels and washcloths, a pair of nail clippers, a stack of pens and pencils, a book light, a bunch of papers and supplies suitable for a printer, and a mouse pad. As a bonus, you may add a gift certificate for a favourite CD and a phone card.
- Letter Writer: Do you know someone who loves to write letters? If so, please present the following items to this individual. They include a stack of diversely sized envelopes, a few cards or notepapers, several pens and pencils, rubber stamps for decorating the envelopes, ordinary postage stamps, personalised seal and sealing wax, return address labels and letter opener.
- Photographer: Then again, you may have a photograph enthusiast within your circle of friends. This individual will treasure the items presented by you! You may include a couple of film rolls, a picture album, lens cleaner and lens cloth, picture frame and matte, camera filters, photo print paper and a few coupons that will help him/her have his/her pictures developed for free.
- Avid Gardener: You may obtain all kinds of hand tools for this person. A pair of gardening gloves and heavy-duty lotion for the hands should prove highly useful. Push in a few packets containing seeds of vegetables or flowering plants, along with liquid fertiliser, some plant markers and a pair of kneeling pads. Finally, present a subscription for a gardening magazine and a well-known book on gardening.
- Grandparent: Would you like to bestow something upon your favourite grandparent? Well, this person will like nothing more than fond memories of his/her family. Begin with a few videos and framed photographs of the family. Add a scrapbook and artwork created by your children. Each child may even offer a personalised gift. It if is Christmas time, do add a few handcrafted ornaments and a polar fleece lap blanket. A long-distance calling card should permit him/her to stay in touch with all of you. Finally, place his/her favourite pieces of candy, tea packets and coffee jars.
The above are just a few examples. Do ponder upon the recipient’s individual tastes, his/her hobbies, requirements and food indulgences, before you begin your gift-making task.