Vacations or holidays, festivals or functions, gifts are a very integral part of celebrations. If it’s about pacifying someone angry or it’s about expressing your love, gifts come in very handy. If you want to show someone your interest, appreciation, gratitude or even if you are trying to create new relationship or strengthening the old ones, gifts are always there. Gifting is not just an act, it’s a complete process- determining what needs to be given and making sure that it fits with the person. Then also need to be seen that the gift is in budget. Searching for the gift is an emotional act. Earlier it used to be a hard play sending gift to someone far away, but now gift hampers delivery is an easy task- order online and get it delivered to the recipient’s door steps.
Now the question stands- how to find the perfect gift?
1. Decide on your budget - This will help you narrow down your choices and will be easy on your pocket. Overwhelming budget will keep you away from the pleasure of gifting next time.
2. Occasion - Gift according to the occasion. If it is an emotional moment, you might want to gift something that they will cherish forever. On other time, you might want to gift something funny.
3. Personality of recipient - Keep in mind what kind of person recipients are. Are they traditional, flamboyant, eccentric, quirky, elegant or girly? That would help you narrow down the options even more.
4. Situation - If they have moved in to a new home or place, it might be a good option to gift them something decorative or something they might use. If they are into a tiring job, you can gift them something for pampering or relaxing like a session to spa.
5. Likes and dislikes - It is always good to know what kind of things they like. Whether they like funky or something practical, decorative or memoirs! If they have certain hobby, it is best to gift them something related to that.
6. Nature of the recipient - If the person is shy or bold, if they are expressive or secretive or if they are creative or an avid reader, gift them something that will suit their nature.
You can consider the following gifting options:
- Memory box is a wonderful gift. You can make one with photographs and mementos relevant to them.
- For milestone celebrations, gift a photo album full of photos of their journey till today.
- Handmade or personalized gifts always hold more emotional touch.
- Treasure hunt is a wonderful way of gifting. You can start with all the little gifts you can find and keeping a grand gift for the end.
- The best gifts may not necessarily expensive but are the ones that mean a lot to the one who receives.
- Handmade treats are the good gifts for close ones.
The more thoughtful and imaginative your gift is, the more cherished recipient will feel.
Have a happy gifting!