Whenever you are required to purchase something for a baby, you can only focus on chocolates, confectionaries, teddy bears, toys, etc. It is hard for you to view the young one as a ‘person in his/her own right.’ This individual may also love to receive something unusual and unique, even if he/she cannot actually express his/her appreciation for your thoughtfulness! You might like to fill a hamper with all kinds of things.
- Personalized key chain: You may feel astounded by this choice, but it is indeed a sensible gift. There are all kinds of key chains available now-a-days. Obtain a simple pattern that will appeal to the young one. Ensure that the name of the child is inscribed on it. The keys to the cupboard containing his/her things, room, etc. may be fitted into it. The doting parents will feel happy to witness their infant’s name every time they use the keys. Additionally, this key chain may be used even through the child’s growing years.
- Crib Sheets: Numerous stores display beautifully-designed crib sheets on their shelves. You may even obtain them from online shops, after comparing product quality and prices. If possible, request willing salespersons to even engrave the infant’s name onto each sheet. This makes the gift highly personalized. You may do the same with chenille throws and fleece blankets. In fact, the baby will be able to receive a complete bed set. A couple of mattress pads are a good addition, for they will prevent the crib sheets from becoming damp.
- Colourful Towels: True, the infant is too small to recognize colours by name, but he/she will be able to store away favourites even at this young age. All babies love bright colours. Find soft and fluffy towels in various shades of blue, pink, or yellow; they are pleasant to look at. Do not go in for overly jazzy purples, reds, greens and so on; they are rather harsh on the eyes.
- Soft Toys and Bells: Teddy bears, monkeys, etc. Are extremely loveable. The child will love cuddling up to them during his/her afternoon nap or during the night. Soft toys are even good to play with, or create stories around; the young one will not lack for entertainment. Similarly, it would be nice to have tiny bells decorating the crib above the baby’s head. Young children love light sounds.
- Book on Baby Care: This is for the mother. It will prove highly useful for someone who has become a parent for the first time. Ensure that the content is written in simple and easy-to-understand language. The parents will face no issues with nurturing their baby in a proper manner.
Of course, it will not be possible to cram everything into a single baby hamper; you will have to make your choices. You could even try a combination of the usual and the unusual. The ‘usual’ refers to a feeding bottle with nipple, pacifier, packet of chocolates, etc. The baby is not fussy; he/she readily appreciates everything!