On Mother’s Day, which falls on second Sunday of May every year, we express our love and appreciation for the one woman whom we can never stop loving: our mum. Instead of the traditional perfume and jewellery type gifts, one can make this Mother’s Day special by giving gift baskets packed with love.
Mother’s Day gift baskets can be bought via stores or online, but nothing beats gift baskets assembled at home. The time and effort you put into designing a gift basket according to her taste and preferences will be much appreciated. Also, homemade gift baskets sent by courier will bring a tear to her eyes as she will feel special by being remembered by you even when you are far away.
Here are some ideas for Mother’s Day gift baskets:
- Gourmet Food Basket: Fill a large wicker basket with artisan cheeses and meats, dried fruits and nuts, and sweet treats like Belgian chocolates, truffles, caviar, bottles of port wine or champagne, etc. to bring a broad smile on your mum’s face.
- Beverage Gift Basket: Bring a warm glow to your mum’s cheeks by packing together high-quality coffee and tea in a beverage gift basket. Also, pack a special Mum’s only cup so that every time she brews a cup of the beverages, she remembers you and how much you love her.
- Breakfast-in-bed Theme: Treat your mum to a gift basket with the theme of breakfast in bed. Arrange a gift basket with special pastry and muffins, tea and coffee, chocolates, jam (can be homemade), flowers and a favourite magazine.
- Afternoon Tea Basket: It can contain favourite cookies or homemade biscuits, tea, scones, jam and a DVD of her favourite movie.
- Fruit Gift Basket: This is a traditional, healthy and colourful gift basket. Fill it up with pears, apples, oranges, bananas, pineapples and some exotic fruits like passion fruit, avocado, etc. Add some spice with spiced sausages, cheese and crackers.
- Body and bath Spa Gift Basket: Pamper your mum with a luxury spa gift basket complete with a mix of bath mitts, candles, scents, bath salts, bath gels, body lotions and other beauty products.
- Unique Stationery Basket: This can contain books by her favourite author, a personalised journal or notebook, good quality pens and other stationery.
- Gardening Basket: For a mum who has a green thumb, gift a gardening theme basket complete with gloves, spades, trowel, seeds, bulbs, kneeling board, and copies of good literature on gardening including magazines.
- Reading Material: For mums, who love to read, gift a hamper filled with books of the genre she likes such as romance or thrillers, subscriptions to a few favourite magazines, etc. You can mix and match books from genres like inspirational to poetry.
- Music Theme: For a mum who loves music, one can present her with a basket filled with CD’s of her favourite singer, a collection of her favourite albums, a walkman, a new music system or CD man depending on your budget.
These are some of the top ideas for gift hampers in UK for your mum for this Mother’s day. Let her feel your gratitude for the arduous task of bringing you up and loving you unconditionally. No gift basket will be too much for her!