Gift baskets add more colours to your gifting and also save you a lot of money. One can make gift baskets on one’s own for personalized and creative gift ideas.
To create the perfect gift hamper, consider the following: What are the hobbies of the recipient and what activities does he/she enjoy? Do they love the outdoors, camping, hitting the gym, cooking or gardening?
You can use different types of boxes like recycled tin boxes or useful items like flower pot or serving bowl. Here are a few ideas for themed gift baskets:
- Gardener’s basket: For the recipient with a green thumb, search for a large pot-rectangular shaped or round shaped to fill the items. Fill up the pot with a range of garden items like seed packets of vegetables and flowers. For inexpensive ideas, go for tulip bulbs or lilies bulbs. Add relevant items like gardening apron, gardening gloves and pairs of gardening clogs. Include magazines or books on gardening and some gift cards for advanced equipments like sprinklers and lawn mowers.
- Chef’s basket: Assemble a special chef basket for the chef in your life. Local stores may carry inexpensive kitchen items such as high quality substitutes for basic kitchen items that have got worn out. A basket can be replaced by a mixing bowl. Stuff the bowl with spatulas, spoons, pastry brushes and measuring cups. One can also include a ready to make version of exotic meals like an Indian or Thai curry. Add exotic spices and sauces as well as special utensils to serve such meals. For example, you can include chop sticks to accompany an Oriental meal. This will help your beloved chef to experiment and perfect his craft.
- Sports enthusiast: Buy tickets to the latest game in town, be it cricket or football. Include memorabilia of a favourite sports team. Add cans of popcorn and beer for hosting an evening of sports watching on TV along with close buddies. Sports players can be gifted sporting gear- from racquets for tennis players to golf clubs for golf enthusiasts. One can also gift membership to a sports club.
- Breakfast surprise: Surprise your loved one with a special breakfast in bed gift basket. Fill the basket with goodies to start the day. This includes a pack of pancake mix, authentic maple syrup and a coffee package. Add some coffee mugs to round off the gift.
- Home spa basket: Gift a spa day at home with a bubble bath basket. Fill a basket with bottled bath salts and scented soaps for especially warm gift. To save on your budget, make the bubble bath yourself with liquid glycerine, distilled water, essential oils and Castile soap. The recipe is as follows: Mix a bar of Castile soap (grated), distilled water (2 pints), liquid glycerine (7 tbsp), lavender oil (6 drops) and Patchouli oil (3 drops). Stir together properly and fill into a clear, clean glass bottle. Keep in a shower basket along with a loofah sponge. Line the basket with several rolled up wash cloths. You can also fill other bottle with bathing salts, which you can buy in bulk. If you have more money left in your budget, add a bathrobe and bathroom slippers.
These are some of the themed gift baskets, which you can assemble at home. You can use reliable couriers for cheap gift hampers to deliver all around the country.